Ryan McLeod / Android Authority
😄 Good day, and welcome back to the Daily Authority. I’ve just returned from a much-needed extended holiday with family and friends, and I hope you all had a great festive season!
More screens, please
Ryan Haines / Android Authority
CES 2023 has flown past just as quickly as it arrived. The Android Authority team members on the ground absorbed the show floor’s offerings covering practically every tech segment under the hot Los Vegas sun. But one product that stood out (quite literally) is the dual-screened Lenovo Yoga Book 9i.
- Lenovo has one foot firmly in the alternative laptop segment.
- The Lenovo X1 Fold comes to mind as its flagship foldable laptop for the adventurous craving more screen real estate.
- However, it’s no longer the company’s only option.
- At CES 2023, Lenovo unveiled the Yoga Book 9i with one big design deviation.
- While the spirit of the foldable is still very much present, the Yoga Book 9i features two 13.3-inch 2.8K resolution displays joined by a hinge.
Two screens, loads of potential
- It seems like a normal laptop on the surface, but open the lid, and you’ll find these two displays and little else.
- There’s no keyboard, no trackpad.
- You can use the Yoga Book 9i’s second screen as a virtual keyboard, which is surprisingly comfortable and reliable, even for touch typists.
- This configuration also makes it a dream machine for illustrators or artists.
- It has other tricks up its sleeve, though.
- Accessories are the real stars, adding some real value to the experience.
- A magnetic Bluetooth keyboard for those craving a more tangible typing feel can be used in several ways.
- Attach it to the top of the second screen for a more traditional laptop feel with additional widgets, or the bottom of the second display to maximize that display area.
- There’s also a folio case that further transforms the device.
- With its support, you can stack the two displays on top of one another for a true dual-screen workstation.
- There’s plenty of computing grunt available, too.
- Lenovo employs a 13th-gen Intel Core i7-U15 processor, Intel Iris Xe graphics, 16GB of LPDDR5X RAM, and up to 1TB of SSD storage.
- Even with the two displays, Lenovo claims a battery life of seven hours.
Where do I get one?
- The Lenovo Yoga Book 9i demonstrates what’s possible even without a folding screen.
- Although the machine won’t be for everyone, those craving an extra display on the road could look past the $2,100 starting price.
- There’s also the need to lug around additional accessories to maximize the experience. But really, this is the only downside.
- If you’re intrigued by the Yoga Book 9i, you can snag one when it debuts this June.
Be sure to visit our Best of CES 2023 Awards roundup for more devices that caught our eye at the annual Vegas showpiece.
January sure feels like the longest month of the year, but there’s never a better time to get your digital ducks in a row.
Have a great, productive week!
Andy Walker, Editor.