Welcome to the OnePlus 8 series update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8. We’ll detail the current software versions for each device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. OnePlus usually pushes out Oxygen OS updates to the OnePlus 8 Pro and 8 together, but availability may be affected by variant, carrier, and region.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will the OnePlus 8 series get Android 13? Early to mid-2023 (Estimated)
Latest OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8 updates
March 21, 2022: OnePlus is rolling out the stable Oxygen OS 12 update to the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. The update is rolling out to users who were previously running the open beta version of the software. Stable channel users will also see the update very soon. Customers in Europe will have to wait a bit longer as the software needs additional validation steps. You can read the full changelog for the update below.
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Fixed the issue that background applications are abnormally closed in specific scenarios
- Fixed the issue with lens permissions when using third party camera applications
- Fixed the issue of screen cannot respond when receiving notifications
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Fixed the issue that unable to automatically connect to Wi-Fi
- Fixed the issue that wireless earphones cannot play sound when connecting Bluetooth in specific scenarios
- The clock displays smaller. You can try to adjust it manually or delete it and add the clock widget again
- Phone application may be replaced by Contacts in Dock. You can adjust it manually to move Phone application in the right place
As usual, OnePlus is rolling out the update incrementally. If you don’t yet see a pending update, don’t be too worried. To check if an update is available, head to Settings > System > System updates on your device.
Previous OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8 updates
- March 1, 2022: OnePlus rolled out Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 to the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro with the February security patch and little else.
- December 27, 2021: OnePlus rolled out a new update to OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro devices across India, Europe, and other regions. Numbered as Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199, the patch included optimizations for the settings menu UI, fixed specific bugs relating to Google Assistant, Google Pay, and WhatsApp, and the December 2021 Android security patch.
- October 20, 2021: OnePlus rolled out Oxygen OS 188.8.131.52 to the OnePlus 8 series in Europe. The update brought that month’s Android security update and the Files by Google app.
- August 17, 2021: Oxygen OS 184.108.40.206 brought a slew of new features, including support for the Buds Pro, new camera and system optimizations, the OnePlus Store, and Bitmoji AOD.
- June 9, 2021: Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 fixed the devices’ camera, specifically addressing the 48MP sensor’s shutter button issues. The update also included the June 2021 Android security patch.
- May 26, 2021: Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 is now rolling out to the OnePlus 8 Pro and OnePlus 8. The patch brings improvements to the 8 Pro’s wireless charging experience, several bug fixes to both devices, and the May 2021 Android security patch. Also included are fixes to Gallery, Phone, and Messages bugs.
- April 22, 2021: The ninth Oxygen OS 11 beta build rolled out to the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. Open Beta 9 included a lengthy changelog that mainly touched on system improvements. It also brought the April 2021 Android security patch.
- March 29, 2021: Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 failed to bring any new features to the OnePlus 8 Pro or 8, but did iron out several system bugs. The March 2021 Android security patch arrived in tow.
- March 22, 2021: OnePlus started disseminating the eighth Oxygen OS 11 open beta build for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. Alongside the March 2021 Android security patch, the beta update also brought several fixes for the system, camera, and other aspects of the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro.
- February 27, 2021: OnePlus rolled out the seventh Oxygen OS 11 open beta build for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. It added the February security patch to the phones and fixed several system issues.
- February 3, 2021: The sixth Oxygen OS 11 open beta brought a lengthy changelog, including the Android Security Patch for January 2021 and a host of tweaks to Weather, Shelf, and Gaming Space apps.
- December 22, 2020: OnePlus pushed out the fifth open beta update, bringing Rewind Recording for Game Space, selfie camera animation tweaks, and addressing a Bluetooth call bug. It also brought the December 2020 security patch to the table.